Full-Time TOWN CLERK LUGANVILLE MUNICIPALITY
ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCY IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE
The Vanuatu Public Service Commission (PSC) wishes to advertise and recruit an experienced and qualified person to fill the Town Clerk position stated below;
Job Title: Town Clerk Luganville Municpality
Job Level: SG
Annual Salary: VT 3,968,600
Purpose of the position:
The Town Clerk’s main functions are to provide strategic planning and direction to Municipal Council and to ensure sound administration and management of Municipal Council assets and human resources that enable and encourage the optimum performance of its people and other resources within the Municipal Ward. The Town Clerk must ensure that the National Sustainable Development Plan (NSDP) priorities are factored into municipal council sector plans with expected outcomes.
- Oversee and display a leadership and sound management over all corporate operational and daily administration of the Council
- Develop business plan and corporate plan of the council in a timely manner and according to the development needs and priorities of the Council
- Manage the Human Resource & Financial resource of the Municipal Council in accordance to the relevant regulations and Act
- Prepare agendas for Municipal Council and Committee meetings and ensure that the Minutes of all council meetings are taken and all decisions are implemented decisions
- Ensure NSDP goals and key targets that needs to be addressed at Municipal level be
- Report on the performance of the delivery of the council and Vanuatu government service within the Municipal boundaries.
Qualification – Degree/ Masters in Management & Public Administration or any related field
Experience – Must have 5 years relevant experiences in a Public Administration or equivalent
Special skills – Leadership skills, Strong management and supervisory skills, Decision making skills, Policy-making skills, planning skills, budget and revenue management skills, computer literate and good communication skills
Language -English and French and Bislama.
The Office of the Public Service Commission will provide any person with information package containing details of the above vacancy including duties and responsibilities, reporting arrangements.
How to Apply
Both men and woman are invited to apply. Applications must address each of the selection criteria referred to the information kit. Further information of specific key responsibilities and criteria are included in an information kit that can be obtained from The Human Resources Management Unit of the Office of PSC, PMB 9017, Port Vila not later than 24th May 2019.
233 total views, 1 today