Contract TOURISM ADVISOR
Tourism Advisor to the Ministry of Tourism, Trade, Commerce and Ni-Vanuatu Business (MTTCNVB)
The Ministry of Trade, Tourism, Commerce and Ni-Vanuatu Business (MTTCNVB) is seeking the services of a Tourism Advisor. The objective of this advisor is to offer timely and efficient private sector input with regards to the issues of tourism to the Director General and the Minister of MTTCNVB.
The Advisor will be based in Port Vila, Vanuatu and is envisaged to work up to 50 Working Days, spread over a number of months.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in programming and proposal development for tourism;
- Proven experience in Private sector engagement in tourism development;
- Previous work experience in tourism in the Pacific in the context of development. Experience in working in Vanuatu is a prerequisite;
- Experience in working on tourism development. Experience in designing and/or implementing tourism strategy at a provincial and national level for product and destination;
- A clear understanding of the private sector resources;
- A clear understanding of the cultural, environmental and social safeguards and requirements of the Ministry of Tourism;
- Strong understanding of the Tourism landscape in Vanuatu. Experience working with the Private sector or in Public-Private Partnerships is preferable
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Proven capacity to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Knowledge and experience of bilateral negotiations
- Good background in challenges and opportunities related to pacific tourism development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bislama are required.
For more information regarding the outputs and tasks required for this position, refer to the full Terms of References which you can request a copy from Mr James Tatangis via this email: [email protected] or collect a copy at the MTTCNVB reception.
How to Apply
Applications should include a brief cover letter and CV that clearly highlights the experience, skills and competencies relevant to this position. The Cover letter should also include a start date and proposed fee, as well as a proposed working pattern.
All applications should be submitted to Mr James Tatangis via this email address: [email protected] or delivered to the Ministry of Tourism, Trade, Commerce and Ni-Vanuatu Business (MTTCNVB) before Monday 18 November 2019 .
370 total views, 1 today