Contract TECHNICAL EXPERT CONSULTANT
Objectives/ Purpose of the Assignment:
To set-up a private sector climate change Project Preparation Unit (PPU) including preparing TOR for PPU; developing the framework for engagement with clients for TA provision, and alignment with NDA/GCF priorities; and, in consultation with local businesses, VCCI and VBRC and Gov. This task will involve the consultant to examine similar project screening committee of the Vanuatu National Advisory Board and further provide supporting information for private sector on the existing NAB concept note templates. This will ensure alignment with the countries priorities and ensure consistence on use of templates for key sectors and consultants to use in the future. The TA should be based in Vanuatu and is familiar with climate finance in building resilience (e.g. “one-stop shop” tailored to Vanuatu’s private sector and closely aligned with Vanuatu GCF/ NDA priorities and GCF Country Program). This framework will be the guiding principle for how the VBRC/VCCI assists business to understand if a concept may qualify for some form of climate finance and assist in the preparation of an initial project concept note.
Scope of Work:
Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator and VBRC/VCCI the Consultant will deliver the tasks
- Preparing TOR for PPU
- Developing the framework for engagement with clients for TA provision, and alignment with NDA/GCF priorities
- In consultation with local businesses, VCCI and GOV, provide guidance on the existing concept note template of the NAB on climate finance project pre-concept and concept notes
- Provide initial limited guidance to applicants and consultants in preparing concept notes
Qualifications/ Experience/ Expertise
- At least 3 years of professional experience in climate finance concept development
- Ability to carry out mapping and feasibility exercises
- Demonstrable relationship management and networking experience
- Demonstrate ability of analytical and report drafting work
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
- Excellent command of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Workshop logistics and management experience
- Experience in climate change and/or disaster risk management projects would be an advantage
- Understanding of the climate change sector, including how climate change impacts Vanuatu and mitigation and adaptations options would be an advantage
- Previous experience in similar work in Vanuatu would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Apply online. Only online applications through the GGGI recruitment portal will be accepted.
Date to Close: 23 August 2019
101 total views, 5 today