Contract TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (TA) – DEVELOPMENT OF THE ENHANCED INTEGRATED FRAMEWORK PROJECT PROPOSAL ON QUALITY INFRASTRUCTURE FOR TIER 2
The Trade Development Division (TDD) of the Ministry of Tourism, Trade, Commerce, and Ni-Vanuatu Business (MTTCNVB) is seeking the services of an international expert to assist the Vanuatu Government to develop a proposal to apply for the Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) Tier 2 fund, focussing on quality infrastructure. The developed proposal will help the MTTCNVB to access the funding needed to improve its standards and quality infrastructure systems, reducing barriers to trade, facilitating access to markets, and increasing exports.
Leading to the development of this project proposal, the TA will be required to undertake a rapid assessment of the quality infrastructure within Vanuatu including the capacity of the public and private sectors (both in terms of physical infrastructure and machinery as well as human capacity), a legislative and policy review, and the needs of the key sectors. The TA is expected to draw heavily on both Chapter 6 and Chapter 11 of the Trade Policy Framework Update 2019-2025.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A Quality Infrastructure Specialist in the area of public policy, economics, trade and investment or similar with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in this field; and
- Post Graduate Degree level qualifications in economics, business administration, engineering or other relevant disciplines.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in projects’ development and implementation, particularly in developing countries.
- Have relevant policy development and implementation experience on trade policy, including technical barriers to trade and identification of value chain’s quality needs, particularly in developing countries.
- At least ten years of experience working on quality infrastructure or part thereof (e.g. standardisation, accreditation, laboratory testing, metrology) in developing countries.
- Good knowledge of standards in the Pacific region and market requirements in a number of selected sectors.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in public/private capacity and needs assessment.
- Knowledge of Legislative/regulatory needs, policy frameworks and budgeting.
- Knowledge and experience of trade issues, and policies in the South Pacific region and/or other small island economies is required.
- Knowledge of the Enhanced Integrated Framework is needed; previous work undertaken related to the Enhance Integrated Framework is an advantage.
- Must be competent in preparation of materials in English; and
- Demonstrable track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines for similar projects.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential. Good understanding of French and/or Bislama is an advantage.
The assignment will be split between the consultant’s home and Port Vila, Vanuatu.
The project duration will require 30 working days. The project should start in mid-January 2020, and the proposal must be submitted by early March 2020 at the latest.
There is no restriction on the nationality, citizenship or current residence of the candidate. Interested applicants may request the full Terms of Reference (ToR) from the Principal Trade Development Officer, Mrs Luisa Letlet via email: [email protected]
621 total views, 1 today