Full-Time SENIOR LECTURER/ LECTURER (X3)/ ASSISTANT LECTURER
FACULTY OF ARTS, LAW AND EDUCATION
School of Law – VBL004/ VBL015/ LBL007/ VBL042/ VBL010
The school is seeking to make appointments in the range Assistant Lecturer/ Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer to teach and conduct research in law. Teaching may encompass core and elective courses in the LLB programme and also courses in the LLM and MEL programmes, and may be conducted in both face-to-face and flexible modes. Positions will be based either at Emalus Campus, Vanuatu or at Laucala Campus, Fiji.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Teaching LLB, LLM, and MEL courses face-to-face and on-line;
- Preparing and delivering lectures, seminars, tutorials and online teaching activities;
- Assessing students’ work;
- Participating in academic consultation and counselling;
- Contributing to the administration of the School; and
- Conducting and publishing individual and/ or collaborative research.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Assistant Lecturer: Masters qualification in Common Law with research or professional experience;
- Lecturer: Masters qualification in Common Law with academic publications or extensive professional experience;
- Senior Lecturer: PhD qualification or progress towards PhD qualification in Common Law with substantial publications or extensive professional experience; and
- Enrolled in the Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching (PGCTT) or equivalent.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
VUV 3,948,965 to VUV 4,738,758 per annum (inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
VUV 4,893,894 to VUV 6,439,335 per annum (inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
VUV 6,565,643 to VUV 7,575,742 per annum (inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
FJ $73,689 to FJ $96,958 per annum
Enquiries: Professor Eric Colvin, School of Law; email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 6 October 2019
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s on-line E-Recruitment system to view further details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Candidates may request further information, send enquiries by email to Human Resources Office, ph: (679) 3232072; email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP – SHAPING PACIFIC FUTURES
321 total views, 16 today