Contract PROJECT COORDINATOR – CHEMICAL MANAGEMENT
Job Hours: Contract for 3 years
As part of the DEPC’s vision to lead Vanuatu to a clean, resilient and sustainable environment, the management of chemicals is also important towards achieving that vision. This project will begin the necessary measures to be in place for the management of chemicals in Vanuatu. The Project Co-ordinator will work with consultants to undertake the measures.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following;
- The Establishment of a system for the ongoing management of chemicals in Vanuatu
- The Development of a National Chemicals profile for Vanuatu
- The Development of a National Chemicals Management Policy and costed Implementation plan
- The Review and update of the Legislative Framework for Chemicals and Waste management
- The Establishment of a Centralised National Database for Chemicals and Waste
- The Development and Delivery of Certified Training Programs in Chemicals and Waste management and
- The implementation of and Enforcement Training for Chemical Conventions that Vanuatu is a party to
- Undertake other responsibilities as requested by the Director.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects
- Demonstrate work experience in management of projects
- Strong writing, presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent communicator in writing and in person
- Vanuatu citizen
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Sufficient knowledge of international agreements relating to chemicals
- Knowledge of government systems
- Strategic thinker
- Practical, Reliable and Efficient.
An attractive salary is offered for this post.
How to Apply
Send your application documents to:
Acting Principal Officer
Environmental Protection Division
Email: [email protected] Office phone: (+678) 25302
Due Date: 24th June 2019
220 total views, 2 today