Full-Time POWER TECHNICIAN
Telecom Vanuatu Limited is seeking for a Power Technician to be based in Santo.
The mission is to install, commission, maintain and document power systems throughout Vanuatu, including grid and off-grid power systems – Based at Luganville Santo.
- Install, commission and maintain all rectifiers including MSAN and BTS rectifiers throughout Sanma – Torba provinces
- Maintain and service urban and isolated sites generators on TVL network in Luganville – Santo – Malo – Northern Islands (25 sites)
- Supervise implementation and operation of new sites in Santo: Matantas – Port Olry Village – Araki Island
- Maintain all electrical systems in all TVL buildings
- Install and upgrade solar power system: Mota Lava
- Install, commission, maintain generator in the isolated TVL sites hybrid system
- Update Generator maintenance program with Power Team Vila
- Maintain rural power systems , liaise with care takers for regular cleaning of Solar Panels, cleaning of battery terminals and refilling battering distilled water, and performing regular checks to ensure the rural power is always in normal operations Fault diagnostic and Report on the quality of technical aspects
- Manage generator fuel and fuel logistic to all TVL sites according to Fuel Process
- Supervise and monitor the energy system
- Supervise and assisting junior staffs in power department.
- Certificate or diploma in electricity or electrical engineering
- Knowledge in electro mechanic
- Knowledge in Reporting (Excel table) and mailing
- Experience in power systems including grid and off-grid power systems.
- Speak English/ French and Bislama
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Customer and service oriented
- Have a Valid Driver’s Licence
3. Personal characteristics
- Take initiative to do things
- Able to work under pressure, and meeting date lines
- Able to travel on mission throughout Vanuatu.
621 total views, 1 today