Voluntary PORT VILA CITY TOURISM AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Job Hours: Refer to Job Description for the Post
Due Date: Friday 19th of July, 2019.
Report to: Manager INFORMATION RESEARCH & DATA
The Vanuatu Tourism Ambassador Program aims to create a positive first impression for visitors by providing training programs to tourist guides to improve their customer service skills. As part of the Port-Vila City Tourism Ambassador Program, VSTAP, in partnership with the Vanuatu Tourism Office (VTO) as the implementing agency, is seeking to recruit 20-25 volunteers to become the Port-Vila City Tourism Ambassadors. Volunteers will receive full training and be compensated with an allowance for the hours spent interacting with tourists, we are strongly encouraging retirees to apply and be part of the ambassador program.
Main Duties and responsibilities: assist visitors by giving access to advice, directional information & maps, city sight, events & shopping recommendations during their Port Vila first experience. Meet & Great visitors at all ports of calls : at the airport international/domestic, at the wharf on cruise ship day and the central business district in town.
Interested applicant must possess the following:
- Very good English, French an advantage or very good French, English an advantage
- Interested in seeking a career in tourism and/or travel
- Willing to give a minimum of 7 hours per cruise ship day
- Able to work Saturday or Sunday and Public Holidays
- Based in Port-Vila
- Good knowledge of Port-Vila points of interest and geography of Vanuatu an advantage
- Talkative, outgoing, outspoken and interested to talk to tourists
Age groups between 18 and 65 years will be considered
- School leavers – Years 12 and 13 – are also encouraged to apply
- Retired civil servants / members of the private sector are encouraged to apply.
Languages: Fluent in English and preferably, French, the main languages of our major tourist markets.
474 total views, 2 today