Voluntary MULTI-STAKEHOLDER ADVISORY GROUP (MAG)
Terms of Reference
Multi-stakeholder Advisory Group (MAG)
The Vanuatu Internet Governance Forum (Vanuatu IGF | VanIGF) is an initiative of the people of Vanuatu, supported by the Government of the Republic of Vanuatu and the office of the Telecommunications Radiocommunications and Broadcasting Regulator (TRBR). Vanuatu IGF serves as a platform for dialog, discussion, and collaboration in addressing internet governance matters in Vanuatu.
As a recognized National IGF initiative and in line with the UN IGF requirements we must establish a Vanuatu IGF Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG). MAG members will serve in their personal capacity for a period of 2 year, and are expected to have established networks within their stakeholder communities.
Composition of the Multi-stakeholder Advisory Group
The Government of the Republic of Vanuatu with its Stakeholders must have a MAG representative. It is an ideal multi-stakeholder approach to ensure the Vanuatu IGF MAG incorporates representatives from Internet Service Providers (ISPs), Standards and Regulatory Bodies, Private Sector (ICT, Finance, health, etc.), Non-Government Organizations, Academia, Law enforcement and the government of Vanuatu. Such diverse approach would strongly characterise as an effective Internet Governance Forum MAG to adequately serve and provide efficient advisory roles to the Vanuatu IGF.
Scope of Work
The primary purpose of the MAG is to work alongside the Vanuatu IGF Secretariat as an advisory or expert group to advice and support Vanuatu IGF on the programme and schedule of the Vanuatu IGF annual meeting. Concerted efforts should be made by the MAG to improve the Vanuatu IGF process through community consultations, outreach and stakeholder engagement. The MAG is expected to carry out the following tasks.
- Work with the Vanuatu IGF Secretariat and develop the detailed programme and schedule of the annual Vanuatu IGF meetings, including the identification of themes, sub-themes and issues taking into account inputs of all relevant stakeholders;
- Determine how best to plan and organize the annual Vanuatu IGF meeting;
- Organize main sessions and where necessary participate in dedicated thematic working groups;
- Select workshops and facilitate the organization of workshops;
- Coordinate panels and provide support and guidance to panellists, moderators and speakers at the Vanuatu IGF meeting;
- Work with the VanIGF secretariat to develop annual workplan;
- Promote the work of Vanuatu IGF in their network.
Individual Member Responsibilities:
As a member of the Vanuatu IGF MAG you are expected to engage actively in all monthly meetings of MAG throughout the year, in both physical meetings and virtual meetings.
Specifically, each Vanuatu IGF MAG member is expected to carry out the following tasks throughout the year:
- Attend up to 2 MAG physical meetings per year; if physical presence at the meetings is not possible, every effort should be made to participate online;
- Participate actively in the approved Vanuatu IGF annual events;
- Engage in outreach communication to the wider community and bring other networks related to Internet governance into the Vanuatu IGF MAG discussions and planning;
- Explore and assist with new fundraising opportunities, assist with sourcing financial contributions to the Vanuatu IGF operations to ensure Vanuatu IGF is financially sustainable;
- Identify emerging Internet governance issues and other areas in need of discussion, research or make recommendation.
This is a voluntary role and no remuneration is paid, however, a reference letter will be provided upon request.
- Some ICT background & experience;
- Knowledge of ICT and Telecommunication sector and its role in sustainable development;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated experience working with multi-stakeholders including senior government officials, donors, journalists, and others;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with limited supervision;
- Currently working in the telecommunications (ISP), private sector ICT and government ICT department would be a bonus; and
- Fluency in either English, French or Bislama is required.
How to Apply
Deadline for submission Expression of Interest is 4:30 pm (GMT +11) 28 February 2020
Send an Expression of Interest and CV to [email protected] with the following subject line:
“Expression of Interest Vanuatu IGF MAG”
325 total views, 1 today