Full-Time GRANTS ACQUISITION AND ACCOUNTABILITY MANAGER
WORLD VISION VANUATU
Grants Acquisition and Accountability Manager
Contract Duration: 2 years full time
Position Location – Port Vila
World Vision Vanuatu is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Since 1981, we have been working to transform communities through delivering programming in education, health, water and sanitation, gender relations, agriculture, and resilient livelihoods. In line with the Vanuatu Government’s National Sustainable Development Plan Vanuatu 2030: The People’s Plan, World Vision – in partnership with communities – delivers programs that are relevant, cost-efficient, effective, and make a lasting difference.
The purpose of this position is to provide:
- Leadership in acquiring and managing grants and private funds according to donor and WV accountability standards,
- Leadership ensuring that grant opportunities align with WVV strategy.
- Management of grant hand-over functions, including leading on project designs as necessary;
- Ensuring that WV Vanuatu meets both WV International and Government of Vanuatu accountability criteria using approved systems and tools.
The Grants Acquisition and Accountability Manager is a member of the WV Vanuatu Senior Management Team and plays a central role in the implementation of country strategy and business planning. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the position holder will work closely with Country Director, Operations, Program Quality and Finance to review strategic intent and grant priorities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, a technical field (e.g. Public Health, Economic Development, WASH) or related field.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ experience in successful proposal writing, funding acquisition, and donor relations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in program or project design, and/or assessment, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Knowledge of major donors, especially DFAT and MFAT, and multi-laterals, such as UN Agencies and the EU, and donor relations.
- Strong planning, organizational and management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to contribute to positive organisational development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with autonomy, whilst working within a team to deliver high quality team products.
- Strong relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment.
- Eagerness for learning
- Demonstrated competency in use of Microsoft Office computer programs.
488 total views, 2 today