Full-Time FERRY BOAT DRIVER
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will operate the ferry boat, transporting passengers and cargo on a set path between the mainland and Iririki Island. Be able to maintain a schedule, oversee loading and unloading procedures on the boat.
Duties will include but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Piloting vessels (ferry/ barge) from Iririki Island Resort to Port Vila mainland dock and back
- Piloting sunset or other cruises around the harbour as required
- Piloting Iririki Ferryboats daily while providing an interactive “spiel” to guests and positively engaging and interacting with the guests, while maintaining expected guest safety and service levels
- Loading and unloading guests and belongings, while maintaining appropriate passenger levels
- Cleaning Ferry & other Boats and facilities, Inspecting Ferry for service issues and reporting to appropriate contact, daily
- Check fuel, water, oil and mechanical condition before leaving to transport guests
- Assure that emergency procedures are followed in the case of an accident; complete written accident report as required and call/ notify the Manager as soon as possible
- Repair, secure and/ or immediately report any and all safety hazards on the boats or jetty areas
- Tell the Manager of the need for routine and preventative maintenance for all boats and/ or engines
- Know and follow all company, Environmental, Marine, Health and Safety, Emergency Action Plan and Risk Management Program policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Must have an up to date Seafarer’s Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the industry
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Concentration and focus
- Technical aptitude
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- An ability to work as an effective team member
- Good health, hearing and vision
- Proven navigational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Time management skills
- Emergency/ disaster management skills.
155 total views, 1 today