Full-Time DIRECTOR (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
RE-ADVERTISEMENT OF DIRECTORS VACANCIES IN THE OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (OPSC)
The office of the Public Service wishes to recruit an experienced and qualified person to fill the following Directors positions below.
Job Level: Director
Unit/ Department: Curative and Hospital Services
Grade: DIR 1.3
Annual Salary (VT): 4,444,800
Job Level: Director
Unit/ Department: Government Remuneration Tribunal
Grade: DIR 3.1
Annual Salary (VT): 5,000,400
Purpose of the position:
The Director’s main function are to oversee and coordinate the overall management and implementation of the core programs and priorities of the department under each Ministry. He/ She is the Administrator and policy advisor in assisting Director General’s (DG) Office to ensure that the Ministry achieve efficiently and effectively its strategic objectives and to be accountable to PSC and the Government.
Key Responsibilities of Directors:
- Providing practical advice to the DG’s office on overall Government policy formulation and implementation
- Set sound strategic direction by ensuring the corporate and business plans of the department encompass Ministries’ goals or objectives
- Oversees the core programs and the performance of the department
- Ensure all key government policies and programs relating to Public Finance and Economic Management are implemented effectively and efficiently
- Manage the financial resources of the department according to the approved program activities
- Empower all staff to provide best management practices to maintain a team of motivated professional and competent to achieve department priorities
- Provide sound management to implement all devolved functions of PSC to department and ministry.
Qualification – Degree/ Masters related field
Experience – Must have 5 – 10 years’ relevant experiences at a Senior Executive Management level in a Public or Private sector institution
Special Skills – Strong leadership skills, negotiation skills, managerial and supervisory skills, planning skills, analytical skills, policy development skills, computer skills, interpretation skills and research skills
Language – English, French and Bislama.
The office of the Public Service Commission will provide any person with information package containing details of the above vacancy including duties and responsibilities, reporting arrangements.
475 total views, 7 today