Full-Time CREDIT OFFICER
We are looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Credit Officer to be based in Port Vila. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (Region), this position will assist with reviewing credit application received from BVL Branches by identifying key credit risk issues, making timely recommendations/ summary to senior management or Credit Committee (or other relevant appropriate approval authorities) and ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all credit risks are efficiently recognized, evaluated, reported and managed in appropriate manners and levels
- Checking completeness and quality of applications from both Retail and Business Units
- Reviewing credit applications item-by-item focusing on key risk issues
- Partnering, liaising, discussing with Relationship Managers, Business Analysts, Retail Banking Advisors, Head of Business, Head of Retail where substandard applications are received, where clarification is otherwise required or a negative recommendation is proposed
- Maximizing the prudent expansion of the asset base and minimizing the potential losses through sound underwriting/assessment and solution oriented credit structuring
- Researching economic trends, industry analysis, regulatory requirements, business and trade publications which could impact credit risk and/or the probable success of current or potential customers
- General credit reporting as required by HQ Commitments Department.
- Essential qualification required is a university degree and/ or professional qualification in the field of accounting, banking and finance or a business related field
- Minimum 5 years banking industry is mandatory, especially in credit and business analyst functions
- Proven ability to explain credit issues to management
- Professional Specialist knowledge in credit risk management, corporate credit analysis, market & industry analysis
- Proficiency in drafting – concise, lucid and easy to interpret focusing on key risk issues
- A good eye for detail and ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Computer literate especially in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and deliver quality analytical insight.
1066 total views, 1 today